Listening to my clients is my number one priority. My goal is to take your desires and dreams and help you artfully meld them into a garden design where every element is carefully selected and integrated to produce a harmonious unity. This requires a thoughtful design process which we will work through together to create a custom design for your unique site conditions.
Estimates for Landscape Design:
- In order to determine if a master plan is the best solution for your particular project, and how many hours it may require to complete, I need to come to your home or office and walk the property with you.
- If you live in the areas of Brookline, Milford, Wilton, Amherst, or Hollis I provide one on-site visit at no charge to make this determination. If you live outside of these areas a fee for travel time may be required. Please contact me for details.
- During this visit I will discuss your ideas, goals, problem areas and requirements. I will bring my portfolio for you to review and answer any questions you may have.
- I provide a written estimate for the design estimate via email within two days of our meeting.
- Design advice is provided after a contract is signed or during a scheduled consultation meeting for that purpose. See below.
Landscape Master Plan:
- If a design is needed for an entire property, or large areas such as a front or back yard, a master plan is the best solution. Creation of a Master Plan allows the design to be installed in phases if necessary, or all at once by the homeowner or a landscape contractor.
- Once it is determined that a plan is required, and a contract has been accepted I will analyze the site, take measurements, photograph the site and develop a Conceptual Plan.
- I use computer graphics to overlay new design ideas over photographs to help clients visualize my conceptual design ideas.
- Once the concept has been accepted I will move on to the final design. This will include a plan drawn to scale indicating the existing site elements, location and layout of any new hardscape features, location, name and number of new plantings, relocation of any existing plants as necessary and a detailed plant list. The Plant list will include common and scientific names and recommended sizes to be installed.
- I am available on an hourly basis to design small areas that do not require a master plan. This will be in the form of a written plant list and a quick sketch (not to scale).
- Billed at $45/hour with a two hour minimum. Travel time is billed separately as necessary.
- See my Garden Notes page for tips, ideas about plant combinations, seasonal/monthly gardening tasks and photographs for inspiration.